Sunday, May 12, 2013

Momtographie Week One-Let There Be Light

This week it was all about finding light.  It sounds all nice and easy until you go out and actually try to capture light in your photographs.  I did not change anything on my camera except I was shooting in Aperture Priority Mode and I occasionally adjusted that by scrolling the dial on my camera.  I did try a few of the other elements but since light was most important I spent most of my week on that.

One of the assignments was to find light and grade light in your house.  I have determined that I need to move because for the most part my house is way too dark.  The one room that has decent light is my bedroom.  I like the photos from there but they might be a little to cool.  I don't yet know what to do to fix that.  My daughters were facing the window in my bedroom and I was in front of the window shooting toward them.  Here are a few:



 
I don't know what I did on the next one to make the color better but the location was pretty much the same. 
 
Next I tried outdoor light.  This was in the shade in our front yard.  I tried to use the element of lines in this one.
 
We went to the park about an hour before sunset to try to utilize the golden hour and see what kind of light I could catch.  Here are a few from that attempt using front light:
 



 
 
A couple with the sun to their back:

 
Last using the ingredient of play.  I captured the girls climbing on the tree:

 
I don't know where this one falls but I like it.  Maybe composition.
 
 
I learned a lot and can't wait for the next class.  I can't believe how much I have learned in one week.  I am addicted to finding lot.  I just never expected it to be so very hard.  I would love for you to leave a comment if you have any suggestions.
 
 

 Danielle


 

No comments:

Post a Comment