Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dreams

Losing Joseph has made me realize that time is precious.  I can't sit around and wait for life to hand me my wishes and dreams.  I have to pursue those things.  My camera has been an outlet to help in my grief.  I have used it to capture moments of beauty.  Whether those moments are the smiles of my girls, basketball with the boys, or the craziness of family night, I love to capture each moment of our story. It is precious to me. This made me realize my dream. 

If I could do anything I would be a photographer.  I love photography but have absolutely no idea what I am doing. 

I have my  beloved DSLR camera and thought if I just had the expensive camera I would capture those great photos I see others do. There are many times I get lucky and get that perfect shot.  Unfortunately I have no idea how I got it or what I did.  I really can not repeat my successes because they have all been sheer luck.  Plus I never really shoot outside of Auto mode on my camera. 

I decided that I will never achieve my dream if I don't start somewhere.  So I have decided to take a photography class.  I figure you have to start somewhere.  Right?  So for the next six weeks I am going to participate in an online photography class called Momtographie by Beryl A. Young.  Here website is here: http://www.berylaynyoung.com/ 

Apparently, there is a lot more to taking great pictures then I thought.  I can't wait to continue pursuing my dreams.  It feels so good to step out and try something new that I want to get better it.   I will be posting my progress in the class for the next six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment